Representing river water and groundwater users in the Lachlan Catchment.
$300 cash prizes on offer for the best amateur photos of irrigated food and fibre production in the Lachlan Valley. Check the Photo Comp page for more details. Entries close 5pm 20 September 2017.
WHAT DOES THE LACHLAN VALLEY WATER ORGANISATION DO?
- Represents the interests of water users at all levels with Government, other interest groups and the community
- Advocate for a fair share of water for productive use
- Provide information to irrigators on water account management
- Advocate for lower water charges
- Obtain funding and deliver projects for efficient, sustainable water use
- Develop policy on water related issues
WHO IS LACHLAN VALLEY WATER?
Lachlan Valley Water is an independent industry group funded by water licence holders in the Lachlan catchment. Our vision is sustainable, productive and efficient water use in the Lachlan Valley, to support the social and economic wellbeing of the community.
Lachlan Valley Water
- is the peak regional body representing river water and groundwater users in the Lachlan Valley
- has 450 members, representing all categories of licence holders except the licences held by environmental water holders
- works with other industry organisations and interest groups for the benefit of members
- is a member of NSW Irrigators Council and National Irrigators Council to ensure Lachlan water users have a voice at these levels
The operations of Lachlan Valley Water are directed by our Executive Committee representing the local Water User Groups in the valley.
Contact Lachlan Valley Water for more information on current water management issues.
ABN 38 597 032 631